DRAFT POSTERS FOR 'TEXTUAL CHEMISTRY'
Below are drafts showing the various stages I went through when constructing my poster for 'Textual Chemistry' on Photoshop. The tools I used included the cropping tool, the text tools, the ruler tool and the lock tool.
I started with the image as the poster's background.
Then I added the film title below the characters, making sure it was the largest copy on the poster.
Then I added the tagline directly below the title as this was commonly where it appeared on the rom-com posters I analysed.
Then I added the reference to other films by the director, both romantic comedies that had been popular and commercially successful.
Then I added the review which references the genre, suggests my film is a mdern take on rom-coms, and is from a publication that often reviews rom-coms.
Then I added the billing block towards the bottom of the poster as my research indicated this is where it is usally placed.
Then I added the social media hashtag just below the billing.
Then I added the production company and sound logos next to the hashtag, below the billing block, as this was commonly where I noticed them during my poster analysis.
Then I added the release date, Valentine's Day, as I had noticed that many rom-coms are released on this date as it is associated with love.
I also picked the colour from the hearts and used it for some of the copy on the release date and for the stars under the review. Once I had assembled everything and lined it up using the ruler tool and the grid tool, I flattened the image and discarded any unwanted elements.

Comments
Post a Comment